Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Glenn Beck's traumatic "ass surgery" [sic] almost led to suicide, he says

Why do conservative commentators always end up having medical issues with their bums?

Columnist and Bush White House press secretary Tony Snow contracted colon cancer. Rush Limbaugh got out of Vietnam by having his private doctor tell the Army he had an anal cyst. And Glenn Beck, too, had what he referred to on his show as "ass surgery."



Gawker has video of a bedridden Glenn recounting his eye-opening, traumatic hinder surgery, which he says caused him to reflect on "the real meaning of compassion."

The most dramatic part of the monologue in the Gawker video starts at about 3:54. It is here.

"I had one of the darker moments of my life. And I've, you know, had some pretty dark times. [Bawww?] .. This stuff took me into places that, uh, started on Thursday ... and by Sunday night I was, uh, full-fledged suicidal. [Bawww?] And if they had come in Saturday night with a handgun and told me I could have taken more medicine or blown my brains out, I would have just taken the handgun. And ended it."


Yep, ass surgery.

No comments:

Post a Comment